I wanted to share a green bean recipe that's great for the upcoming holidays. I've been making it for a few years and it's always a big hit! You can make it vegan style or not, but either way, it's delish!
Citrus Green Beans for the Holidays!
Recipe Type: side dish, vegetable
- 1 pound green beans
- zest of 1 lemon
- zest of 1 lime (or 1/2 orange)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4C water or chicken broth
- 1/2 tbsp Earth Balance or butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash and drain beans. Trim off stem ends.
- Blanch beans in boiling salted water for about 3 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Stop the cooking process by removing beans to an ice bath.
- After a minute, drain and set aside.
- Over medium-high heat, saute zest and garlic.
- Just before the garlic begins to golden, add water, beans and Earth Balance.
- Toss until well combined and beans are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.