The other day, I showed Laurie (my daughter) how to make roasted garlic. She spread some on toasted bread with some salt and pepper, and after one bite, she looked at me and said, "This is SO good!" Yuppp...
- 1 whole bulb of garlic
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Piece of heavy duty foil (or two regular)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lay the garlic bulb on its side and slice 1/4 off the tip end. If some cloves are left whole, that's ok.
- Lay out the foil and place the garlic bulb in the center, root end down.
- Drizzle over some olive oil, 1-2t. Sprinkle on some salt and pepper.
- Pull up two opposite ends of foil, match the ends and roll down. Crimp together the remaining two ends and turn them upward.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool and squeeze bulb to release roasted garlic. That's it!